Wednesday, January 9, 2013

How I Got Going.

In all honesty, I'm a little embarrassed to tell you how long I've been engaged. Under a year, long enough for me to feel like a slacker sometimes. Time is money, they say, and I may have benefited from spending mine sooner! But that's alright, because now I have a full vision and not just a few random ideas. This is all thanks in large part to Pinterest. And if you don't know what Pinterest is then all I can say to you, my friend, is that you're missing out and you need to go there now! Really.

Okay, so I spent hours (months) on Pinterest stalking wedding boards, DIY boards, color-themed boards, e-card boards (because you need to laugh during this process to ward off the dark thoughts) . Then, through a source my brain apparently did not deem memorable, I discovered sites like Wedding Chicks and The Knot and their amazing blogs. I don't even want to know how I'd be feeling now if I hadn't poured over other girls' weddings.

My own visions came together only after seeing thousands of photos of various ceremonies and details. Many of the ideas I started out with changed some or completely, and I'm sure about what I'm now spending my time and money on. A big thank you to all the couples (and their photographers) who make it so enjoyable (and free, wedding magazines are out of my budget!) to plan a wedding by sharing theirs.

Here are some of my favorite inspiration photos!





By the way, I have been engaged for 8 months and am planning a September wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment