Thursday, January 10, 2013

Project One.

Somewhere along the way, I saw a fabric flower someone had made. That, along with a photo I found later, inspired my first project. I collected fabrics from Jo-Ann's (the leftover scraps are cheaper!) and bought a string of shiny pearl beads and began. I recommend comfortable scissors for this project, which I still don't have because scissors are not cheap. Unless you find a good pair at the St. Vincent's, I need to look there...

Anyways, I did not take pictures of my very first steps into the flower-making. But it was easy. I traced a lip-balm container to make hundreds of circles. I set some of them aside to use as bases, then starting folding the rest to make petals. I have seen literally hundreds of ways to make flowers and almost all of them turned out better than mine, but I like mine so that's alright.



                                   


I long ago decided on using mason jars, and luckily my mom had a lot of those so I didn't have to spend time or money collecting them and could start right away!



Before I started decorating the jars, I made some flowers that were really big. I ended up not liking them on the jars so much, so they went to another idea.



I am excited for them to serve their new purpose! Now, I must caffeinate before work, so more photos later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment