Wednesday, January 9, 2013

In the Beginning.

They say every girl dreams about her wedding day. I don't know if that's true, but I know that I definitely imagined my own once or twice throughout my adolescence. While I'm sure many of my own friends (though not all, I know!) dreamed of long trains and big palaces filled with flowers and fancy china, my own visions for my wedding day were stolen right out of Little Women, and just about as plain as you could imagine. 
Now, as what can only be painfully identified as a 'young adult' whose dreams have changed and has also met her Mr. Right, it's time I get down to business. I have a vision and a savings account of zero dollars. It's time to prove to the world and to myself that a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants wedding can be a beautiful day instead of a big disaster.
From the decorations to the invitations, the food to the music, from beginning to end this will happen with a few dollars here and a few (larger) dollars there, a hot glue gun, and a long list of beautiful things I'm about 85% sure I can recreate.
And if not there's always the court house steps and the bar afterward, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment